Lies and the Truth

Arriving in Altea, our team has been on a journey of healing, restoration, and finding the true identity that we have in Christ.  The time our team spent in preparation for this trip has led us to this place.  It’s been a beautiful thing to see how our team’s love and grace for one another has freed us to step into this process with vulnerability and openness.  We are learning to wrestle with the things in our lives that hold us back from fully being ourselves.  Two big questions we’ve been coming back to are these:

What lies are we holding on to that keep us from stepping into our true identity?

And

What Truth will we replace these lies with?


In my own journey here it has looked a little like this:

In humility I confess the lie that I must always exceed expectations and that admitting failure or struggles will always be seen as a sign of weakness.  I confess the lie that the way I was made for worship isn’t good enough and that my gifts are not valued.  I confess the lie that I will always have to prove myself in order to be able to use my passions.  I confess the lie that my heart will always be overlooked.

In response, I proclaim the Truth that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I proclaim the Truth that BOTH my giftings and my shortcomings are beautifully woven together by my Creator to be effectively used for His glory.  I proclaim that my worship, whether on a stage in front of a congregation or alone in a quiet room, will always be received with delight by my King.  I proclaim that I do not need to strive in order to be valued, and I do not need to cover up struggles to be seen as a strong and capable leader.  I proclaim that God is good, His love is faithful, His teachings are gentle, and His timing is perfect. 

I proclaim this in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.   Amen.



To all who mourn in Israel,
He will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
A joyous blessing instead of mourning,
Festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness,
They will be like great oaks
That the Lord has planted for His own glory.


Isaiah 61:3


No comments:

Post a Comment