Megan Sauder

It never gets old.  
This excitement that the Lord stirs in me to be a part of something bigger than myself... it never gets old.  


I first started going on missions trips when I was only 12 years old, and it was when I was just a high schooler that the Lord planted in me a desire and vision for using music and creativity in the missions field.  I kept feeling that if artistic expression could play such a key role in my own faith journey, couldn't there be room for it on missions trips?  And not only room for it, but couldn't there be teams of people coming together to use similar giftings for the Kingdom?  

Through Saddleback Church’s PEACE Plan Initiative, I learned about a way of doing missions that truly allowed teams of people to travel across the US and overseas and leave a lasting impact in the area they were serving.  I have been able to step into the missions field knowing that my time overseas has more direction and purpose than it ever had before!  


On my first trip to Berlin on a church-planting trip I fell in love with the city and it's people - it captured my heart and hasn't let go since.... I can't wait to return this summer!  My second trip was to Tokyo, and it was my first trip I was able to focus in on music ministry as a platform for outreach and encouragement to the Japanese people.  It was life-changing and life-giving to be a part of a team of musicians who understand how much of an impact music can have on the missions field.  

And now as I go to Spain and Germany with Ex Creatis, I will get to embark on another PEACE missions trip with a team of creatives who seek to use their artistic skills in a unique way to reach the lost and hurting of the world with the love of Christ!  I am absolutely blown away that the Lord has opened up the doors for me to not only continue to travel overseas in a missions capacity, but that he has also allowed my missions experiences to become more and more focused and intentional as I use art, music, and creativity in the missions field.

Excited to be continuing the adventure God has me on... it NEVER gets old! 


No comments:

Post a Comment